Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24/H


Everyone has that one foundation that they love, one that they know will see them through good and bad skin times - this is mine.

I got a tiny sample of this foundation from the lovely lady at the Lancome counter in Boots, Piccadilly Circus. When she gave it to me and said it would last me a week, I laughed and said "Ha! With the amount of foundation I use, this won't last me a week!"; how wrong I was. You really only need to use a tiny amount of this to get a great result  which is fantastic, as it is a little costly (£27) and I'd like it to last as long as possible!
 If you are normally a tinted moisturiser kind of person, perhaps this isn't for you as it is medium coverage and not a 'dewy, sheer finish' kind of foundation. However if you are looking for something with good coverage, long lasting and a good colour range then you should see if you can get a sample from a Lancome counter. 

I apply this using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush, and it blends so quickly, without leaving horrible streaks and definitely covers up and red patches or blemishes that I have. I need minimal concealer after using this, which is great because I don't want to look like I'm caked in makeup! For me, I need a foundation to last a long time without having to keep touching it up and this is exactly what this does - brilliant! I am out of the house from 6.40am - 7.15pm, and it lasted the whole time. I use shade 045, which is one of the medium shades (I have a medium skintone, slightly yellow) and I find this blends well, without leaving those awful tidemarks! Also, I'd like the stuff I put on my skin to smell nice (another reason why I hate Clinique!) and you'll be pleased to hear that this has a subtle but nice smell.

So, tell me about which foundations you like to use - have you tried this? Do you prefer something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment